Facebook has launched a new payment system called Facebook Pay. It is available across Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp. Facebook has announced that currently, it will provide facilities in the United States. Consumers will be able to sell different products from Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Messenger. Facebook Pay can be used to send money person to person, shop for goods, in-game purchases, event tickets or even donate to fundraisers. Facebook Messenger payments are free whether you send or receive and you can link it to PayPal, credit or debit card.
All you need to do is:
- First, choose a payment method that has to be done only once. Then, wherever possible, collection and payment can be made through Facebook Pay. The app should be used instead of repeatedly entering information.
- Connect Facebook Pay from one app to another or use it on all platforms but this feature should be available there. This means that after selecting Facebook Pay you will not be able to automatically access the entire app. You will have to select it yourself.
- View your payment history, manage payment methods, and change your settings in one location.
- Real-Time Chat is also being provided for customer support in the USA (in more places around the world in the future).
How to start your first payment:
- Go to “Settings” > “Facebook Pay” on the Facebook app or website
- Add a payment method. You can also change your payment method by updating your payment settings.
- Enter your credit or debit card number and all other necessary information e.g ID card number etc.
- Choose a strong code for security purposes.
- The next time you make a payment, use this service.
Deborah Liu said: “Facebook Pay is part of our ongoing work to make commerce more convenient, accessible and secure for people on our apps. And in doing so, we believe we can help businesses grow and empower people everywhere to buy and sell things online. We’ll continue to develop Facebook Pay and look for ways to make it even more valuable for people on our apps”.